I did the 4d/3n Machu Pichu Inca Trail and it was hilarious. We were a small group of 12 members. Our guide Victor was great and within this small time we grew together like a small family. Victor always knew best how to motivate us and how to prepare us for the coming day. The trek was very hard and sometimes challenging, especially the second day. The first day is very easy compared to the rest of the trek. Thus, if you feel like the first day almost killed you, you should rethink going on :). The third day is the longest but also one of the most beautiful one. The reward for the hard work is day for when you arrive at the Sun Gate with the view on Machu Picchu. Victor made sure we left the last camp early enough so that we could get to the Gate and to the Machu Picchu in time. The organization of the trip was great. Everything fitted.
The Huayna Ascent was incredibly cool, but extremely challenging, since we had a 4 day hike behind. However, it is worth it!!! definitely go. The view is great! Do it! Do it all!
- Organization of the whole trip.
- The guides (Victor!!!! and Martin!).
- The food (every day a surprise, even for vegetarians and gluten intolerant and lactose intolerant people).
- Sleeping bags in good condition and warm.
- CI for the porters.
- The porters all had proper bag packs. Some operators let their porters carry stuff in some kind of plastic bags.
- The weather.
- Good morning tea brought to the tent by the porters.
- The toilet situation at the camp sites is very much improvable. Toilets are sometimes far away and very dirty.
- Some tents were a bit old (zipper, second layer) however, we never had a wet tent.