IMPORTANT: Please note we are unable to accept any bookings without ALL of the passport information.
Inca Trail: Inca Trail Permits are sold on a first come first serve basis. It is still possible for us to secure permits even when availability shows less than 20 permits left. In the unlikely case that we were not able to get the last permit and you are not able to do the trek on a different date, the full prepayment will be refunded to your account. The prepayment becomes non-refundable once the permit has been issued and confirmed by the Peruvian Government.
Inca trail permit availability shown herein is directly provided by the Peruvian Government. Inca Trail Reservations tries to provide information that is true and accurate, however, we give no assurance or warranty regarding the accuracy of information provided by a third party. Inca Trail Reservations accepts no responsibility for and excludes all liability for errors or inaccuracies. Inca Trail Reservations makes its best effort to secure permits for our customers, however, permits are sold by the Government on a first come, first serve basis. If the security prepayment was made, we will refund your prepayment within two days, unless we are instructed to reserve a space for a different date or alternative trek.
On the Inca Trail the Peruvian Government assigns the campsites on a first come, first serve basis. For example, when Wiñay Wayna campsite is full then Phuyupatamarca campsite is assigned. The company will do its best to reserve the campsites mentioned in the itinerary. The campsite at Wiñay Wayna is sensitive and may be closed at times, particularly during the wet season, in this case Phuyupatamarca campsite is assigned.
1. PREPAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- We require full or prepayment for all Bookings:
- US$ 250 for all of our trek packages up to 7 Days/6 Nights
- US$ 500 for all of our tour packages up to 10 Days/9 Nights
- US$ 700 for all of our tour packages over 10 Days/9 Nights and less than 14 Days/13 Nights
- US$ 900 for all of our tour packages over 14 Days / 13 Nights
- US$ 1300 for all of our tour packages over 20 Days / 19 Nights
The Salkantay Trek Deposit becomes non-refundable once you receive confirmation of accommodation in Aguas Calientes. For all other treks and tours the prepayment becomes non-refundable once hotels, airfare and/or trek have been confirmed.
+ For Packages that include International airfare, the price of the airfare must be paid in full to secure that specific flight.
+ For all Tours and Treks the balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to the start of the program, it can either be paid in full via our secure server (a secure link will be sent to you) or by check or money order. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
+ For student discounts we require a copy of a valid student identification card (containing photo, complete name, college name and expiration date). In the event that we don't receive the scanned copy of the card along with your reservation form, we will process your reservation with adult price.
We accept all major credit card payments, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. You will proceed with your payment through our secure server. We also accept checks, wire transfer or direct deposit.
- The Client may cancel the Package booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to IncaTrailReservations.com in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by IncaTrailReservations.com. In addition to the charges shown below airlines may impose 100% cancellation charges. All reservations cancelled less than 45 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee:
|Period before departure written notification is received||Cancellation fee as a percentage of the holiday price|
|8 days or less||100%|
In case part of a booking is cancelled, the remaining party may have to pay additional charges (e.g. under-occupancy, or single room supplements).
As a complementary service, we book accommodation for our customers while in Peru. Since we are not the final provider of the service, we need to pay for our customers accommodation 15 days prior to arrival date. Once we pay for a room, we do not get refunds for cancellations. If you have book a room through us and you need to cancel your room, please notify us about this fact via e-mail at least 15 days prior to your arrival date; otherwise, you will need to pay for the room that we have already paid for you. Some hotels have a 30 day policy.
Note that hotels in Peru handle this terminology for bedrooms: A single room is a bedroom with one twin size bed for one person. A double room is a bedroom with two twin size beds for two people. If you require a bedroom with a full size bed for a couple, you must require this explicitly. If you book a double room, the hotel won't take it as a bedroom with a full size bed unless it's required. Some hotels have triple rooms, meaning a bedroom with three twin size beds. Some hotels also have special types of bedrooms such as suites, deluxe suites, superior rooms, family rooms, etc. The client must require one of these hotel bedrooms explicitly.
Please bring your Andean Migration Card (Tarjeta Andina de Migracion, TAM - authorities will give you this document at Lima’s airport or any other entry point) and keep it with you during the entire trip. You need to show it when checking in at your hotels. It is the only document accepted in order to be exempt from sales tax. In case you do not have the TAM, you will be charged sales tax by the hotel. The use of this card does not exclude the presentation of passport, visa or other travel document under national or community standards, as well as existing bilateral agreements.
VistaDome or HB Train upgrade may be necessary in busy seasons based on availability.
- The Inca Trail permit is non-transferable
- If the Inca Trail was paid in full, any cancellation will be subject to a 40% cancellation charge of the remainder regardless of the date of cancellation. If however, cancellation occurs within 22 days of departure or within 9 days of departure, the above cancellation charges of 75% and 100% will apply respectively.
- Cancellation of extra Inca Trail services, such as additional porters and Huaynapicchu entrance tickets will result in a 100% cancellation charge for the specific extra service regardless of date of cancellation.
- If the personal information provided for the Inca trail permit is not accurate and the permit has to be re-issued, an additional fee will apply
- If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion as a decision made by themselves, no reimbursement is applicable.
- If in the event that Inca Trail Reservations has to cancel your program due to unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside the company's control, we will notify you by email as soon as we become aware of such matters. We will return your prepayment to you less the transfer charges related with sending it to you. Inca Trail Reservations is a professional and responsible company, we work under an strict code of ethics. We have no intention of cancelling any of our clients reservations and can confirm that, to date, we have never had to cancel any of them.
- If there is a last-minute purchase of a tour, and it is afterwards cancelled, it will NOT be refunded. The no show of (a) passenger(s) will give place to the total loss of the hired service and NO refund will be given. Likewise, if the hired services are cancelled during the tour itself, NO refund will be given. Certain services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, acts of God, or disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, airlines, service suppliers, Inca Trail Reservations or its partners and NO refund will be given as a result of them since such interruptions and cancels go beyond our control.
2. PRICES AND FLUCTUATIONS
Prices quoted are based on foreign exchange rates. Increases due to fuel costs, rates of exchange, tariff revisions, airline pricing, etc may result in an adjustment to our prices. We reserve the right to alter the price of any tour and forward an amended invoice. As soon as we are aware of any increase we will immediately update our website and the price of our tours increased accordingly.
Prices do not include international air travel, country entry or departure fees, airport fees, phones, valet, all items of a personal nature and beverages and food not specified in the itinerary. If any of the third party costs included on the packages experiences an increment, we will immediately update the package price. Travelers affected by the modification must pay the difference upon arrival in Cusco.
3. ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
Our programs have been designed to provide participants with an exposure to the true nature of the environment visited and therefore involve an element of personal risk and exposure to potential hazards over and above those associated with normal "package" holidays. The client acknowledges that the nature of the tour is adventurous and that such activities may involve a significant amount of personal risk.
All the programs are carefully planned, however, due to operational reasons, it may be necessary to change the order of the different activities or the route specified in the itinerary. These changes are not usual to happen, nonetheless, the itinerary should be considered as a basic guide of the program.
5. FLIGHT TICKETS
Flight tickets prices go according to availability and can be changed without previous notice until they have been issued. Credit card expenses are included in here. The flight schedules and flight numbers can be changed on behalf of the airline company. Certain restrictions are applied, for instance, lost tickets cannot be refunded and they go under restrictions imposed by the airline company.
6. AUTHORITY ON TOUR
At all times the decision of the company's guide or representative will be final on all matters likely to endanger the safety and well being of the tour group. The client must at all times strictly comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of Peru. Should the client fail to comply with the above, or should the client interfere with the well being of the group then the guide or company representative may order the client to leave the tour without recourse to any refund.
7. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
The client must be in possession of a valid passport, it is not required a visa to enter Peru, if you are a citizen of countries of the European Union or the Americas, except Cuba.
8. FACTORS OUTSIDE THE COMPANY'S CONTROL (FORCE MAJEURE)
The company will do its best to minimize the effects of matters outside its control, but cannot accept any liability, nor will issue any refunds for these matters which include political disputes, border closures, refusals of visas, industrial action, delayed flights, unforeseeable climate, earthquakes, acts of god, etc.
It is the client's responsibility for obtaining sufficient personal travel insurance such as medical or trip interruption. The client is willing to accept full responsibility for insurance up to limits that the client may require. This insurance must cover personal accident, medical expenses, air ambulance, loss of effects, repatriation costs and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury delay or inconvenience occurring to the client. It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. When obtaining travel insurance the client must ensure that the insurer is aware of the type of travel to be undertaken.
In all the arrangements of travel, Inca Trail Reservations acts on behalf of its clients organizing on their names, the means of transport, accommodation, and other requested tourist services. Hence we do not take any responsibility in case of accidents, delays or interferences to the tour, which are out of our reach; especially regarding programs and schedules. This shall be considered of great importance. In the same way, our company does not take any responsibility due to illnesses, physical or mental impediments which may disturb the health or integrity of the passenger(s) or others during the tour or when our services are being provided. In the light of this, our company will not recognize any claim or refund due to the concepts mentioned above. This includes the cases which in normal conditions do not show any problem. Thus, we require to be informed, before our services are hired, of any restrictions mentioned above in order to make the suitable decisions to ensure the quality of our services.
The Company shall not be liable for any damage or loss if the failure to carry out the contract is: 1) attributable to the client 2) attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and the event is unforeseeable or unavoidable 3) due to unforeseen and unusual circumstances beyond the company's control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had to be exercised. 4) due to political disputes, industrial action, climate or other matters of a similar nature and any other force majeure. 5) due to an event which the company, even with all due care could not foresee or forestall. Any liability is limited to the full price paid for the tour. In all cases the company specifically excludes all liability for indirect or consequential loss or expense including loss of profits.
11. CLAIMS AND COMPLAINTS
If a client has a complaint against the company the client must first inform the tour guide or company representative while on the tour in order that the guide/representative can attempt to rectify the matter. Any further complaint must be put in writing to the company within 7 days of the end of the tour.
12. LOCAL CONDITIONS
Due to political and cultural differences, as well as generally tougher physical conditions, travel to the areas we visit involves risks other than those we take in our daily lives. It is important clients make themselves aware of the risks involved, and are responsible for making their travel plans accordingly.
13. EQUIPMENT RENTAL
The renter is responsible for safeguarding and properly caring for the equipment rented and can be charged up to the full replacement cost for any item that is damaged, lost, or stolen. The renter is obligated to return all equipment no later than the stated due date. Partial returns will not be accepted. Severity of damages and associated fees will be determined by Inca Trail Reservations staff on all equipment. Damages may include: lost, bent or broken poles. Damage Fees: Hiking Poles $35.00