Due to government regulations on the numbers of trekkers permitted on the Inca Trail all bookings must be made well in advance. Before making an Inca Trail booking please read the following information carefully:
– Make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months after the date that you enter Peru. Without your passport information we will not be able to get you a trek permit. For US citizens please click here for information on how to get your passport in a hurry.
– The exact information on your passport that you send us will be written on your trek permit. After purchasing the permit we cannot change the date of trek departure or change the name of the person doing the trek. When you start the Inca Trail, government representatives will check your passport details against the details on the trek permit. If the details are not the same then you will not be allowed to start the trek. If the passport number provided for the Inca trail permit is not accurate and the permit has to be re-issued, a $10 fee will apply.
(If any member of your group does not have their passport number or is waiting for a new passport please wait until all information is available before making the Inca Trail booking.)
– Check for Inca Trail Permits, review the information of the package, submit the online booking information; all the information is required. We will contact you as soon as possible to confirm your Inca Trail Booking and assist you in customizing a unique package. Please specify if you require the services of an additional porter as this detail cannot be changed after making a booking.
– Payment: A deposit is required to proceed with the Inca Trail permit process. We accept all major credit card payments, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. You will proceed with your deposit payment through our secure server after submitting the online booking form. We also accept checks, wire transfer or direct deposit.
Note: Inca Trail Permits are sold on a first come first serve basis. It is still possible for us to secure permits even when availability shows less than 10 permits left. In the unlikely case that we are not able to get the last permit and you are not able to do the trek on a different date, the full deposit will be refunded to your account. The deposit becomes non-refundable once it has been issued and confirmed by the Peruvian Government.
– We recommend you to arrive in Cusco 2 or 3 days before trek departure to ensures that you are better acclimatized to the high altitude.
– Student discounts: If you are claiming a student discount you must send us a 'JPEG' scan of a valid student identification card (containing photo, complete name, college name and expiration date) by email to info (at) incatrailreservations.com after submitting your reservation form. A clear photo of the card will suffice. Only a valid Student ID card is acceptable. If you cannot provide us with a scan of your Student id card we will charge you the standard adult trek price. Bring your student card with you on the Inca Trail as it will be checked several times by government officials. Unfortunately no other forms of student identity are acceptable.
– Child discounts: Children under 16 years old receive the same discount as a student. If you are claiming a child discount you must send us a 'JPEG' scan of your child's passport (page containing photo and date of birth) by email within 3 days of us accepting your Inca Trail booking. If you cannot provide us with a scan of your child's passport within 3 days of us accepting your booking we will charge you the standard adult trek price for your child.
IMPORTANT: Please note we are unable to accept any bookings without ALL of the passport information. You can provide an old passport number, but you MUST bring the old passport on the Inca trail in Peru or your new passport must contain the old passport number inside. This is checked at the start of the Inca Trail. If the original passport number you booked with, does not match up, you will be unable to trek.
Inca Trail bookings for Single travelers are accepted for the group service.