“Short Machu Picchu Hike”
Inca Trail hike from Km 104, Machu Picchu Tour, Scenic train ride from Cusco
- Tour starts and ends in Cusco
- Departs any day
- Inca trail permit included
- Machu Picchu ticket included
- Free airport pick-up and luggage storage
Short Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu
“The unique and original road that leads to Machu Pichu is the best way to access and experience the Lost City of the Incas…”BOOK NOW
The Inca Trail is famous all over the world and it has been for many years. The reasons are many: The fantastic nature with valleys, snow-capped mountains and great variety of plants, birds and animals.
The amazing trail itself, with its stairs and tunnels, is part of a network of 30.000 km. of trails, going from Mendoza in Argentina to the border between Ecuador and Colombia.
The archaeological sites along the trail are proof of the great knowledge and organizational skills of the Incas, with the impressive Machu Picchu as a more than worthy destination.
Welcome to the short Inca Trail hiking tour to Machu Picchu in Peru!
Program details :
: 2 days
: Archaeological, Cultural, Ecological, Hiking
: Not included, available upon request
Shortcut Inca Trail Itinerary
2 days / 1 night
(B)=Breakfast ; (L)=Lunch ; (D)=Dinner
Day 1: Cusco – Km 104 – Aguas Calientes (L)(D)
You will be picked up from your Cusco hotel between 05.00 to 05.15 hrs, then leave Ollantaytambo about 7:45 hrs by train to Km 104. Upon arrival we visit the archaeological sites of Chachabamba at 2250 masl. Here agricultural product from other areas where collected to be brought to Machu Picchu. Then we begin our walk towards Wiñay Wayna.
On the way we have beautiful views of the Urubamba river and the chances are many to see different kinds of the famous orchid family. We turn around the last corner and have the amazing Wiñay Wayna. We stop to make a visit of this interesting and important Inca site. 10 minutes more walking and we are at the “Trekker’s lodge”, where we will take our lunch, if not already eaten.
In the afternoon we walk the last hours towards Machu Picchu, and see from distance in the beautiful afternoon sun before continuing down to Aguas Calientes. We spend the night at this beautiful town.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco(B)
Very early we leave Aguas Calientes to reach Machu Picchu in the hours before the main group of visitors arrives. Going up by bus we get the first glance of Machu Picchu between the mountains on its saddle high over the Urubamba River. Upon arrival we start the guided tour of about 2 hours taking us to the most important areas of Machu Picchu. We will learn about the importance – religiously and historically – of the place, and we will be able to appreciate the fine architecture of the Incas.
After the guided tour you can go to the top of Huayna Picchu, from where one has a good overview of the whole area and the full site of Machu Picchu. Another possibility is to visit the beautiful temple of the moon. In the afternoon we meet in Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Cusco at 18:20 hrs.
Inca Trail Tour Inclusions
Excluded in tour cost
- Inca Trail Tour Informative presentation at our Cusco office
- Transfer from hotel to train station the first day
- Expedition train ticket to head of trail (104 Km.)
- English/Spanish speaker professional guide during all Inca Trail
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu and the ruins along the trail.
- 01 bus round trip ticket Aguas Calientes/Machupicchu/Aguas Calientes
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Expedition train ticket Aguas Calientes / Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from the train station to downtown Cusco
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes in the hotel of your choice
- Personal Travel Advisor assigned for you to customize the rest of your Peru Trip
- Complimentary FREE airport (CUZ) pick up, assistance and transfer to your hotel in Cusco
- International round – trip airfare to and from Peru
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Personal trekking gear
Group Service Price : 2023 Inca Trail trekking season
Our 2 Days Inca Trail to Machu Picchu package includes one night in Aguas Calientes.
The price of the Inca Trail 2 Days varies according to the type of accommodation you select.
Group Service Price with Student discount from USD 554.00
Please review price with each accommodation option:
|ACCOMMODATION AGUAS CALIENTES
|| PRICE PER TRAVELER
|MACHU PICCHU HOSTEL
* Prices are valid for 2023 trekking season only.
Important: 2023 Inca Trail Trekking season starts March 1st, 2023 and ends January 31st, 2024.
- Vistadome train upgrade Aguas Calientes / Poroy (one way) : USD 70.00 + view detailsTransfer from Poroy train station to Cusco is still included when upgrading to Vistadome
- * Not available from January to April
Student Discount : *Valid Student Identity Card required. + view detailsPlease send us a digital copy of your student id card immediately after booking. Without this document we will not be able to apply the discount (a clear digital photo of the card will suffice).
Recent Government policy for getting this discount includes: Student must be under 26 years old, student card expiration date must be no later than one year after the start of your trek, it does not have to be linked to a credit card (e.g. showing Visa, MasterCard, etc.), Graduated student Cards and ISIC cards are not valid.
Only Student ID cards with these features are acceptable. Bring your student card with you on the Inca Trail as it will be checked several times by government officials. Unfortunately no other forms of student identity are acceptable.
Please proceed to booking by clicking on the date you would like to start the Inca Trail hike.
The Inca Trail is closed in February for conservation projects.